Trinity UMC is in the Northwest District of the North Texas Conference of United Methodist Church. Our pastor is Pastor Cindy Griffin.
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church;, South, was organized in 1900 by Rev. J. A. Stafford, presiding Elder, and Rev. W.F. Clark, who
became the first pastor. There were 25 charter members. The building at the northwest corner of the 400 block on East Munson right
behind Madonna Hospital was bought by the Trinity Methodist. In 1912 the building was remodeled and the parsonage was built in
In 1918, Grace Methodist Episcopal Church (North), which occupied the building at the southwest corner of the 200 block on West
Texas merged with Trinity Church. The name “Trinity Methodist Church” was used following the merger and the affiliation was with the
In late 1925, Trinity Church completed construction on a new church building on Texas Street. The church became debt-free in 1937
and was officially dedicated September 26, 1937.
In 1938, the historic United Conference occurred, blending together the three main bodies of Methodism: Methodist Episcopal Church
South (of this Trinity Church was a member), Methodist Episcopal Church North, and Methodist Protestant Church.
In 1938 when Denison’s oldest church, First Methodist Episcopal Church (North), disbanded, a 70 year old stained glass Gothic
window was given to Trinity by the heirs of those in whose memory it was given. The window was stored until 1942 or 1943 when it
was installed and dedicated on Easter Sunday.
In May 1962, the church purchased land located at the corner of Houston Avenue and Hwy 69. A parsonage was built and dedicated
on January 5, 1964. The church began a six year building fund drive for a construction of a new church building. On April 9, 1972 the
ground for the new church was broken. Consecration of the new building was held on Sunday, January 14, 1973. The building note
was paid off on November 12, 1986. Trinity United Methodist Church continues today in this building.